- 1 Can Deep Tissue Massage Help With Poor Posture?
- 1.1 What is Bad About Poor Posture?
- 1.2 What Is A Deep Tissue Massage?
- 1.3 How Deep Tissue Massage Benefits Reduced Muscle and Joint Pain?
- 1.4 Deep Tissue Massage Benefits For Increased Joint Mobility
- 1.5 Deep Tissue Massage Benefits
- 1.6 Benefits Of Corrected Muscle Imbalances
- 1.7 Massage Benefits For Your Body
- 1.8 Three Factors That Add To A Better Posture
- 1.9 The Role of Deep Tissue Massage and Headaches
- 1.10 Massage Benefits For a Better Lifestyle
- 1.11 Deep Tissue Massage Benefits For Your Posture
- 1.12 Improved Breathing Through Deep Tissue Massage Benefits
Can Deep Tissue Massage Help With Poor Posture?
Many people don’t think of deep tissue massage as a way to improve posture.
Deep tissue massage is typically done to stimulate muscle and connective tissue.
But, can deep tissue massage to help with poor posture?
You might think that deep tissue massage wouldn’t be the best choice for improving poor posture.
After all, the theory goes that you should treat the muscles, not the joint, and massage the muscles and connective tissue. Isn’t that just going to worsen your posture?
We all know that proper posture helps our posture. While some people don’t understand how that’s possible, it’s very simple.
- When the right amount of tension is created between the muscles and the ligaments in our back, our posture improves. Conversely, when we have too much tension, our posture is worsened.
- And now we have come full circle, because deep tissue massage may help with poor posture because the muscle pain is relieved, or because the nerve irritation is alleviated.
- The fact is that muscles and joints are connected by fibers of our connective tissue.
- So, if the muscle pain is relieved, or the nerve irritation is reduced, it doesn’t make sense to treat the muscles and ligaments.
If you’ve ever asked yourself “can deep tissue massage to help with poor posture?” I hope this article has given you some food for thought.
There is one more aspect to my last question, which is that I’m going to say that, yes, it is possible for a masseuse to help with poor posture.
So, if you’re experiencing pain in your lower back, you may want to speak with your masseuse and ask them if they can help with your poor posture. They can certainly take care of your lower back pain.
- With respect to muscle tone, both you and your masseuse will benefit from massage.
- As mentioned, the process allows you to release the tightness and tension in your muscles and ligaments, thereby reducing muscle spasm and soreness, and reducing tightness in the joint.
What is Bad About Poor Posture?
Poor posture is when our spine is positioned in unnatural positions. It can affect a person’s health by leading to health problems such as back pain, neck pain, bad posture can also affect the posture of a person causing the patient to have difficulties when they attempt to sit or stand up.
- What is bad about it is that poor posture can be brought on unintentionally by poor daily exercises or just simply not paying attention.
- Poor posture can also be a result of the stresses and strains put on the body from work and other activities that we do on a regular basis.
It is important to realize that poor posture is caused by many different factors.
First of all, poor posture can be brought on by the kind of posture that we are trying to achieve.
For example, a person may want to have a slouching posture in order to make them look taller.
This type of posture is a result of not maintaining proper posture. For instance, when a person is attempting to straighten their back, they may end up having to do this on their side. When one has poor posture because of not doing their exercises right, it can lead to muscle atrophy, which is an inability to use the muscles properly.
Another factor that can cause poor posture is the type of chair that you choose to sit in and that can also be brought on by not doing your exercises.
The biggest problem with poor posture is that it can be brought on unknowingly.
What Is A Deep Tissue Massage?
What is a deep tissue massage? Is it the equivalent of a Swedish massage but without the air pressure?
Or is it just a common term for a deeper, slower massage?
Well, it is neither. There are many different forms of massage which are considered to be deep tissue; but this massage involves different techniques for different body parts.
Some people choose to do some of these specific massage techniques on their own but often find that it is much easier to have someone give you a deep tissue massage.
- You might also have seen some professionals doing some form of deep tissue massage, like Swedish massage, on the tube or TV programs on massages.
- That is because these people are certified therapists or have a degree in this area of massage therapy.
- These types of therapists who use massage and other therapeutic skills to help in pain management.
- So, they can make use of some of the most advanced soft tissue techniques available to give you the best therapy.
How Deep Tissue Massage Benefits Reduced Muscle and Joint Pain?
For the comfort of your tired joints and muscles, it is important to take your time in learning how to perform a deep tissue massage.
- Deep tissue massage is one of the key methods to treat pain for back pain and muscle and joint pain.
- Research shows that having some amount of back pain is more than just being unlucky.
- It is caused by muscle inflammation.
- That is why it is important to learn how to treat inflammation of muscles and joints with deep tissue massage benefits.
- A muscle inflammation is caused by pain from muscle tension, knots, spasms, inflammation and even injuries.
- These muscle tissues may be found in your muscles, bones and tendons, and these areas all have what is called fibrous tissue.
The next thing you know, you’re back is swollen and painful. Muscles are very flexible, but they can’t heal like a spring or a rubber band.
Understanding the importance of treating inflammation in the muscles and joints is crucial to the effectiveness of deep tissue massage benefits.
Deep Tissue Massage Benefits For Increased Joint Mobility
- Many people have been asking if increased joint mobility can be achieved through physical therapy.
- It is important to have a few things in mind before making any changes in your lifestyle or health habits.
- You need to understand that not all injuries are the same and that there are various conditions and areas where you can benefit from deep tissue massage therapy.
- Joint mobility is not something that will solve all of your problems, but it will help you with how your body works and the tension that is built up.
When it comes to spine-related issues, these include back pain, headaches, and lower back problems, it is important to understand that this is an essential function that all the different parts of your body need.
- As long as the spine is strong and is functioning properly it will be able to carry out the different functions that you need for it to be able to do.
- If your spine is damaged, it is going to put a strain on your back and will cause you to experience a lot of pain.
- A great way to relieve this type of pain is through massage therapy. Your spine needs all the help it can get to be able to function properly.
The only difference between a person suffering from arthritis and someone who have arthritis and chronic pain is that they may have experienced different types of arthritis before massage therapy.
- Arthritis can cause a lot of pain and even physical damage to the joints.
- Many people think that arthritis can only affect one or two parts of the body but they are wrong. The legs, wrists, and hips are all affected by arthritis in some form or another.
- There are many different areas of the body that can be affected by arthritis, so it is important to have deep tissue massage benefits when trying to resolve the issue.
- When you get a good massage, it is important to know that you are going to be able to improve the range of motion and make sure that the inflammation is gone for good.
Deep Tissue Massage Benefits
You can get a deep tissue massage benefits by performing proper posture and alignment. To achieve these benefits, you need to maintain proper posture by starting from the mid-back and then working your way down.
In addition, maintaining proper alignment will greatly benefit you. The posture in which you are sitting, standing or walking should be correct and in correct alignment with respect to each other. It is true that postural irregularities can give rise to several health issues, but the good news is that you can work on correcting this by employing exercises and also by improving your posture.
- Strengthening your back will result in a better posture and improve your overall posture alignment.
- And this can be achieved by performing neck and shoulder strengthening exercises.
- Strengthening your muscles will result in better posture.
- But then you need to keep in mind that just performing exercise regularly may not suffice as there is a need to target specific muscle groups when exercising.
- Hence, you need to focus on your spinal alignment while working on improving your posture.
While doing exercises for improved posture and alignment you will find numerous health benefits to your body.
- Strengthening your back muscles will greatly benefit your back.
- This will lead to a healthier spine and will also provide you a better posture.
- Strengthening your back will also help you to be stronger and more flexible.
- And improved spinal alignment and strengthening your back muscles will improve your posture.
- It is true that you can achieve good posture and alignment through regular exercises, but if you want to get rid of health issues associated with poor posture, you have to start by strengthening your back muscles.
The result will be a better posture and therefore better health.
Benefits Of Corrected Muscle Imbalances
Deep tissue massage benefits can be achieved with correct muscle imbalance, as a way to correct problems and help prevent injury.
- Corrected muscle imbalances may also help to reduce inflammation and further speed healing by improving blood flow and the rate of healing.
- The affected muscle is stretched in a stretching or contraction pattern, but this is usually not enough to make a difference to the amount of repair that occurs.
- Muscle imbalances may be corrected by strengthening exercises, which allow for increased strength and endurance.
- By strengthening these muscles, the muscle cells will be able to hold their shape and function better.
- Corrected muscle imbalances can also help to maintain proper posture and help to prevent injuries such as a sprained ankle and will also help to reduce stress on the inner and outer thighs, hips and back.
- Corrected muscle imbalances can also increase flexibility.
- This allows for better movement and more energy whilst we sleep.
- As well as preventing injury, muscle imbalances can also provide some benefit in terms of increased energy levels.
- This is achieved by increasing the circulation of blood, increasing the amount of oxygen and nutrients in the body and increasing the speed at which muscles can recover.
- Sometimes a muscle imbalance may also involve an increase in blood flow to certain other organs, especially the kidneys and the brain.
- Muscle imbalances can also provide benefits to the body’s joints. Joint pain is often caused by poor posture, lack of exercise and stress. By correcting the muscle imbalance a joint will usually be able to better function. In addition to reducing pain, muscle imbalances may also help to relieve inflammation and further speed healing.
Massage Benefits For Your Body
The main benefit of a massage to your body is the improved blood circulation to the muscles, this increased blood flow improves the movement of blood through the muscles resulting in better overall muscle performance.
- The increased circulation also helps you to exercise longer.
- The increased circulation helps your muscles have more oxygen to function properly.
- The increased oxygenation helps with the healing process and helps the muscles to be more active again.
- The improved blood circulation also helps to prevent muscle fatigue.
- The increased blood flow also helps the muscles to become firmer and increase the flow of blood into the tissues, which promotes the formation of more blood vessels.
- Deep tissue massage benefits include improved digestion and the removal of toxins from the body.
- The increased circulation that is found when you are doing a deep tissue massage benefits you as you are exercising your muscles.
The deep tissue massage benefits do not stop there though. The increased blood circulation is not the only benefit to the muscle that is being worked out.
- Your entire body will benefit from increased circulation through the deeper layers of your muscles.
- Your skin and nails will feel better and more supple.
- The better skin and nails that you have means that you are healthy and the infection rate in the nail beds is decreased.
- You will be more resistant to infections.
- The increased circulation also helps the respiratory system to function correctly and to operate more efficiently.
Three Factors That Add To A Better Posture
Reduced stress may result in a better posture but it is not just about your posture.
We all have that big sloppy posture at some point and we all know that it isn’t comfortable to look at.
You need to work on your posture by lifting weights, adding muscle to your frame, and you need to do your best to get your core to work at it’s best.
There are specific exercises and techniques that you can use to tone your abs and core muscles.
These muscle groups include your obliques, hip flexors, pelvic floor, and your lower back. If you are experiencing back problems, you will also want to work on toning your abdominals so that your back does not become overworked.
The third factor that contributes to better posture is the incorporation of exercises into your life that incorporate the deeper breathing and relaxation techniques of deep tissue massage benefits.
- To get these benefits, you need to utilize deep breathing techniques when you are doing the exercises that target your neck, shoulders, spine, and back.
- Deep tissue massages are not only useful in alleviating pain and discomfort, but they are very beneficial to your body.
- These massages create deep pressure and manipulation that open up the flow of blood, provides oxygen to the cells, and releases endorphins and oxytocin into the blood stream.
- These hormones help relieve pain and tension and they provide you with better posture.
- The last benefit is that if you are able to use these deep tissue massage benefits, your muscles will not only relax more during deep tissue massage but they will also become stronger.
It has been shown that muscle tissue has increased growth potential. Increased muscle mass is a definite benefit that you can achieve.
This means that you will look slimmer and healthier in addition to being able to do more in terms of sports and exercise.
The Role of Deep Tissue Massage and Headaches
Reducing or eliminating reduced headaches is something that almost every person has tried at one time or another.
You might be experiencing headaches, which can seem to have no logical explanation.
There could be a lot of reasons why you might be suffering from reduced headaches.
For instance, it might have something to do with the diet that you are consuming.
For example, there might be certain foods that you are consuming that will actually trigger your headaches.
If this is the case, you should start looking for a way to eliminate or reduce your headaches as soon as possible.
In fact, your headaches might have developed into something more serious such as a minor case of the flu or a serious illness.
In fact, if you lose some muscle strength, the muscles will start to cramp and you may find that you have increased and possibly severe headache pain.
In such cases, it is imperative that you seek medical attention right away.
Massage Benefits For a Better Lifestyle
As the importance of a good and deep tissue massage grows, people want to know how and why it helps them feel better.
There are two very popular theories on why this is the case.
One of these two theories are the most accurate in helping people with this issue feel better.
It is easier to explain the basis for the theory that has been stated and demonstrated to be correct because it relates directly to the root of this issue.
This problem has nothing to do with your overactive nervous system or the areas of your body that you happen to be touching.
You see, there is a joint called the Lumbar spine. The
Lumbar spine is part of the human body that allows for natural balance.
When your back becomes inflamed, you have no choice but to work harder at keeping it in good shape.
This is why it is so important to find a good and safe option for doing so.
One of the ways that it helps to get rid of stress from the back and maintain that natural balance is through the use of massage.
A lot of research has been done to see which types of massages help improve your overall well-being and not only the physical aspect of your life.
Deep Tissue Massage Benefits For Your Posture
There are a number of ways that you can use a deep tissue massage to help you improve your posture.
- First, before you begin your massage, you should try to make sure that you are comfortable and relaxed.
- A good position for deep tissue massage is lying down on a pillow under your head. You can then lay back, lift your head up and look up at the ceiling.
- It is best to place the towel under your upper back. This will allow the massage oil to reach all the areas of your back, but it will also help to keep your back more in its natural position.
- After you have rested and relaxed yourself, you can begin your deep tissue massage.
- You can start at the top of your back, going towards your neck and through your shoulders and arms, and then gently move down your legs and into your feet.
- When you feel the muscles in your back getting tight and sore, you can start to work them out and use the proper deep tissue massage benefits.
- It is best to use only one hand when massaging your back as it is quite difficult to have one hand to work multiple muscles.
The deep tissue massage benefits can be best used by the side of your head so you can work your way down and away from your eyes and other facial muscles. Make sure that you use enough pressure when working your back and neck, so you don’t cause any permanent damage to them.
Improved Breathing Through Deep Tissue Massage Benefits
Improving your breathing through deep tissue massage can be achieved with the addition of two effective approaches that promote the same goals.
You should try to include each in your routine if you want to get better posture.
You will be surprised at how quickly you will be able to notice how these two methods work. These techniques, combined, can have a huge impact on your back and spine.
- One of the best ways to improve your breathing through normal postures is by using a combination of warm compressions and decompressions.
- When you are moving your shoulders, elbows, hands or feet you need to keep them still. Your spine needs to stay still as well.
- The goal is to keep the spine in a neutral position while your body is in motion.
- When you do this the tissues underneath the skin stay in place and provide protection for your body.
- They also provide shock absorption for the muscles so that you do not strain during movement.
- Another way to improve your breathing through your normal postures is to use the stimulation of your body.
- You can do this with gentle rubbing or in the form of light pressure with the use of your fingertips.
- This helps to increase blood flow to the tissues around the spinal cord. As blood flows in the tissues, it will loosen the tight muscles and joints in the back.
- The more blood flow, the better the tissues will relax.
- You should do both techniques together if you want to improve your breathing through normal postures.
- Doing so will greatly enhance the benefits you receive from your deep tissue massage benefits.