- 1 Why Does My Skin Itch After Using A Vibrating Massage Gun?
- 1.1 Putting A Shirt In Between Your Massage Guns – Use A Shirt To Reduce Reaction Time
- 1.2 How to Start Off With the Lowest Vibration Setting For Your Massage Gun
- 1.3 Vibrating Massage – Curing Itchy Skin Problems
- 1.4 How to Get Rid of Itchy Skin
- 1.5 Electric Massage Guns For Itchy Skin
- 1.6 Is Itchy Skin Caused by Vibrating Massage Guns?
- 1.7 How to Deal With Itchy Skin After a Massage?
Why Does My Skin Itch After Using A Vibrating Massage Gun?
One of the most common questions about massage therapy is: “Why does my skin itch after using a vibrating massaging gun?”
While it is true that there are some allergens and bacteria on your skin after a treatment, most of these will be cleared up with regular rinsing after your session.
However, sometimes, after a session, you will start to notice itching. This can be a sign of an allergy, or it could be from the chemicals used in the cream that you used.
Sometimes, it’s just easier to get over it and wash your hands than it is to try and pinpoint exactly what it is that you are allergic to.
If you do have an allergic reaction, the best way to treat this is to go see a doctor so that they can run some tests.
They may be able to identify the cause of your skin itchiness and help you find a cream that will work for you.
For example, if you were using an anti-allergy cream, then it would make sense to use an anti-allergy cream that did not contain any allergens.
Usually, if the cream was meant to treat eczema, then it would be okay to use.
The other most common reason as to why your skin becomes itchy after using a vibrating massaging gun is because your skin has been very dry already.
When you use a vibrating massaging gun, it gets the moisture out of your skin, which in turn keeps it moist and hydrated.
When your body becomes too dry, it can become susceptible to cracking and breaking.
You may have already known this, but if not, it’s good to know that it’s a really easy fix!
Putting A Shirt In Between Your Massage Guns – Use A Shirt To Reduce Reaction Time
There are a lot of ways that you can use putting a shirt in between your massage gun to decrease the reaction time that you have during a massage.
If you are doing a back rub for example, you will be using a lot of muscle tension.
When you are putting a shirt in between your gun, you will be able to reduce the tension by having something to grab onto when you start the rubbing motion.
It is important though to make sure that the shirt that you are putting in between your guns is one that is loose enough to allow for your hands to move around freely but also tight enough to reduce the amount of tension that is built up.
Another thing that you will want to keep in mind is the type of massage that you are performing.
When you are using your fingers on your back or the knots on your neck, it is going to take a lot more pressure from your fingers in order to really get the blood flowing and to relax the muscles that are in that area.
This is why you will want to focus a lot less on using your fingertips and a lot more on using your hands.
A great tip to use in this case is to use your index finger instead of your thumb so that you will be able to apply a little more pressure to the muscles and keep the blood flowing properly.
You will notice that the reaction time will decrease when you are massaging with your index finger instead of your thumb.
The final tip for putting a shirt in between your massage guns to decrease the reaction time is to use an old towel or a wash cloth that has been moistened with warm water and put it on your skin.
By doing this, you are going to be able to lightly rub the towel on the skin.
This is especially beneficial if you are rubbing a knot on your neck or behind your back where a wet towel isn’t going to do any good.
The towel will also help to remove any excess oils or any residue that may be left on your skin by your hands or the massage guns.
How to Start Off With the Lowest Vibration Setting For Your Massage Gun
A common question when it comes to starting off with the lowest vibration setting on a massage gun is whether or not it can cause damage to the sensitive parts of the device.
- When you use the gun to rub your back, neck, or joints, it is extremely important that you only use the lowest setting on the gun.
- By using lower settings, you are more likely to avoid getting hit by the tiny little bits of rubber that are included with many high-end massage guns.
- The rubber pieces are extremely small, but they can sometimes lodge in tiny nooks and crannies of the massage gun, causing irritation and even breakage.
- Avoid a nasty start to the day by using the lowest vibration setting when you start off with the gun.
The gun should be cleaned thoroughly before each use, especially if you intend to store the unit away for a long period of time. Using a soft damp cloth, wipe down every inch of the gun’s handle, the arm, and the base.
You will also want to make sure the trigger and other moving parts are lubricated so that they work without problem when you start up the gun.
If you must store the gun away for an extended period of time, you should change the batteries between uses and run the battery through several cycles before putting it away.
When you start off with the lowest vibration setting, you will want to stay in the comfort zone for the entire session.
Your massage oil may need to be warmed up a bit before you start applying it to the skin.
This helps to draw out the natural oils produced by the body, and it also works to make the skin less slick because oil can clog up the tiny hair-thin pores that exist on the surface of the skin.
If you feel comfortable using the gun, you can start off with the lowest setting and just follow the massage directions on the manual.
Vibrating Massage – Curing Itchy Skin Problems
One of the more annoying side effects of taking vibrating massages is that itchy skin problems.
It can be caused by your therapist or by the vibrating device itself. If you are having problems with your itchy skin, you should first check that you are using the right one.
If the condition of your itchy skin is not caused by the massage itself, it could be that you are allergic to certain materials used to make the massager.
So, before you get the device, read up about the different materials that are used and check if there are any known allergies linked to them.
A vibrating device for itchy skin may cause other problems such as skin irritation, inflammation and even infection if the mechanism is faulty.
Check if the mechanism of your machine is flexible enough by putting a finger on it for a while.
If it feels good, then the machine is definitely a good choice for your itchy skin problem.
How to Get Rid of Itchy Skin
You have no doubt experienced itchy skin when you used a vibrating massage tool but did you know that this can also contribute to poor health?
While using a vibrating massage tool, you use your hands to rub your skin.
This rubbing action along with the vibration leads to irritation in your skin, which causes it to itch. So what does this have to do with getting rid of itchy skin?
One cause of itchy, red, and inflamed skin is toxins.
These toxins are in the air we breathe as well as in the water we drink.
When your skin is irritated, it is unable to properly absorb nutrients from the food you eat. Instead, the nutrients get flushed out of the body through the urine.
So if you consistently eat a poor diet that is full of toxins, then your body will be constantly being taxed by these toxins to the point of overwork and you will suffer the consequences by having itchy skin.
Another cause of itchy skin is excessive inflammation.
Inflammation is a natural defense for the body against infectious agents and diseases.
However, if you let it become too inflamed, it can lead to other more serious health problems.
These problems include; arthritis, psoriasis, rashes, acne, eczema and many more.
To avoid this from happening to you, it is important that you learn how to control the inflammation so that you will not be getting itchy skin and other health problems.
Electric Massage Guns For Itchy Skin
Electric massaging guns are one of the most effective and safest ways to get rid of itchy skin.
In fact, most therapists will recommend using a vibrating massage tool such as a skin brush or a bullet sponge as the best way to treat skin conditions such as eczema and dry skin.
- Vibration is so powerful that it can even penetrate the top layers of the skin.
- This means that the vibrations experienced by the user will be far deeper than those felt by any other normal touch.
- This form of electric massaging is especially beneficial for itchy skin because the vibrations help the blood flow, which then rejuvenates the affected area.
- There are two basic types of electric massaging tools that you can use for treating dry skin and itchy skin.
- These are the hand held massager and the body massager. The hand held massager is easier to use and more comfortable than the body massager.
- The downside of using this kind of massager is that the effect only lasts for a short while. The effect only reduces the redness and itchiness felt on the skin but does not actually heal the skin condition.
- This is why it is more advisable to use the body massager because it heals the skin much faster.
- There are some tips that you should follow when using an electric massaging tool on itchy skin.
- The first is to always start the treatment by applying lubricant to your fingers before starting.
- Never use lanolin lotion or any other product that contains petroleum jelly or mineral oil because these products can further irritate the skin and cause itchy skin to become worse.
Also, make sure that you use electric massaging tools on skin that is dry, flaky and tight because this type of skin needs more attention and patience to heal.
Is Itchy Skin Caused by Vibrating Massage Guns?
One of the things that irritates a lot of people, especially those with sensitive skin, is when they use a vibrating massage gun on their itchy skin.
I know for sure that you have probably heard this before from a friend or a relative, and maybe even experienced it yourself at one point in time.
You might have even experienced what I’m talking about, but because it was your first time, you didn’t want to get too aggravated or take things too far.
Well, that’s a mistake that you should never make, simply because this article will be very helpful to you in determining if you are using the vibrating massager the right way, and also how to avoid any allergies, rashes, or other health issues that may come from using the product.
Let me just tell you a little bit of information about this so you won’t make the same mistakes that I did, and hopefully prevent you from getting irritated and having an allergic reaction.
The first thing you have to keep in mind when it comes to a vibrating massage gun is that you need to be careful of the materials that it is made out of.
While most people are aware of this, they really don’t pay attention to it until it’s too late and their skin has been damaged.
Some types of skin are especially delicate, and can even be irritated by certain materials.
If you aren’t careful, and you use the vibrating massage gun on your sensitive skin, then you could very well end up with an allergic reaction, or worse yet, get a severe rash or other serious skin problem.
While it’s better than not using a vibrating massage gun at all, you should still be extremely careful, especially if you’re prone to allergies or have sensitive skin.
The best way to avoid getting itchy skin from using a vibrating massage gun, as well as other types of itchy skin treatments, is to stay clear of the products that contain harsh chemicals.
They don’t just affect the skin externally, but they also affect your internal organs.
This includes your liver, which then produces more chemicals to deal with the irritation. Instead, stick to all-natural, herbal based products that treat the problem both externally and internally.
If you take the time to look for a product that offers a complete treatment, then you’ll find that your itchy skin gets better, and that the problems go away.
How to Deal With Itchy Skin After a Massage?
Itchy Skin When Using a Vibrating Massage Gun Pressure urticaria is caused by the static electricity that your massage gun releases during the massage stroke.
The static charges build up in the inner layer of the skin and start a reaction that causes irritation to your skin.
Pressure urticaria can be caused by many different things like chemicals in shampoos, deodorants, perfumes or cosmetics you are using or even from being around someone with sensitive skin who then gets an allergic reaction.
- Itching is the first sign you will notice and then eventually the redness becomes infected to the point of your skin cracking and peeling away.
- Itching and Redness When You’ve had your session your skin should return to normal within a day or two however if it doesn’t you need to give your skin some time to settle down and recover.
- It is recommended that you don’t use your vibrator for another round of stimulation until the effected area has had time to heal.
- It is always important to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated as this prevents inflammation from occurring and also promotes the healing process.
- Drinking lots of water and taking vitamin C supplements will also help to promote healing.
- Itchy Skin When the skin has had enough and starts to crack the itching and redness will become worse and you may find it difficult to get a relief from it.
- If it’s an internal irritation you can ease it by applying a hot compress like tea bag or even an ice cube pack. It is always best not to scratch the affected area as it only makes the condition worse.
However if you do accidentally puncture the skin then a good way to soothe the irritation is to apply a soothing cream.
What Causes Itchy Skin When Using a Vibrating Massaging Gun?
If you have itching, red skin and irritation in your neck, shoulders, back, legs, face, knees or buttocks you should know that what causes itchy skin when using a vibrating massaging gun is too much usage and pressure.
This action is not always the result of over heating of the skin.